Friday, February 18, 2005

 

Thoughts while sitting in Friday Traffic...

First off, I would like to thank Byron of The Cubdom and Cubs Blog Army for announcing on his site my arrival to blogging. He runs a great site (two of them, actually) and is kind enough to lend help to those of us who wish to get our ideas out. Plus, he is a fellow IU Hoosier, which puts him firmly on the side of good.

And with that...

Heard on the Steve Dahl Show:

Nipped in the Bud

A woman was fired from here job at the zoo for refusing to show one of her breasts to a gorilla. -News Man Buzz Killman

Apparently, the site of a breast is comforting to the ape. Ladies and Gentlemen, I think we have found the missing link. I mean, who among us doesn't find just a little comfort...well, nevermind.

But I think the more interesting point is, what did the job description look like? If I applied for a job and saw the list of responsibilities included:

- Clean small animal carcasses from Lion cage.
- hose down elephants
- flash jubblies at monkey

I'm thinking...I'm going to be ready to party, or I'm going to move on.

Also heard on Steve Dahl:

Military to use Ecstacy to treat Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome:


Really? Because, you know, ever since Brad and Jen broke up, I've been feeling a little stressed myself...

But seriously, I think it is nice that the government is slipping the soldiers a little action. After all, the government is the reason these soldiers had to fight in a completely unnecessary and unjustified war. The least they could do is compensate them. I wonder what they are going to do for the soldiers who end up fighting the Iran war...crack? PCP?

Final thought for the day...


(from the movie Stand by Me [paraphrased])

So, Goofy and Pluto are both dogs. Why does Goofy stand on two legs and talk while Pluto walks on four legs and can only bark?

What's up with that?


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?