Friday, March 18, 2005
Following the games...slitting my wrists...pretty much the same thing
- Just gotta love it when your last long-shot pick starts out down 18-4. The bile is rising in the back of my throat.
- (11:50) Oh-kay...now Florida's building a lead. Maybe Dick Vitale can swing over here and just rip the heart right out of my chest
- (11:55) What do I see? My newly beloved N.C. State is climbing back into this game. N.C. State's hands-down best player Hodges is starting to heat up. I'm a big fan of picking a team with a big, talented guard to go far. If the ball is in his hands, he can always take over the game (did that make sense).
- (12:20) So how are we doing at the half? Not so well, but I'm optimistic. N.C. State is down by eight, but they owned the second half of the first half (you heard me). Florida is up by eight at the half - not good news, but Ohio tied it once today, so they could do it again. And finally, Minnesota has trailed all game. Typical Big Ten not showing up in the tournament. What a joke. Oh, and OK St. is winning pretty easily. This next half is going to say a lot about my bracket...and I'm guessing I won't want to hear it.
- (12:50) With my Ohio and Minnesota picks hopes evaporating, I have begun to rest my entire self-worth on N.C. State...and they are winning!!
- N.C. State wins it and now I turn my attention to Minnesota while keeping a watchful eye on and OK St. game that is a little too close.
- But wait, what's this? Ohio has come out of NOWHERE to tie it up. Good Golly Miss Molly we got a barn burner
- Spoke too soon. finished 2-2 on the morning, not great...not great at all. But, I dodn't have my two losses moving on, so I will survive
- (3:00 PM) I quick run and shower and I'm back, and so are my teams. All my teams are winning right now (UConn, S. Ill, Villanova, and UNC). I hate to jinx it by saying that, but those aren't the hardest predictions ever.
- (4:10) UConn having a nasty second half. That would kill many a bracket. But so far, all my picks are hanging on