Friday, April 29, 2005

 

For those of you watching the game on CSN

...Bob Brenly is saying smart things. He was discussing how unfair the 300 win mark was as a benchmark for success. He proceeded to point out that wins are highly dependent on the team around you and used Clemens season to date as an example.

I don't know if he meant to or not, but he made the case for Blyleven in the Hall and a Cy Young for Randy Johnson last year. I have heard very little of the Cubs TV broadcast team, but I like what I here. Kasper is great and I have no problem with Brenly. Or have I missed Brenly saying many stupid things?

Oh, and this ump sucks.

(update 8:50) I'm not sure which in more shocking. That Burnitz is now just a triple away from the cycle or that Burnitz already has 2 triples this year. Regardless, 3-2 Cubs. Go Cubs!

...aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand CUBS WIN!!! CUBS WIN!!!!!!!

Comments:
Did you also hear the casters discuss how LaTroy Hawkins isn't as bad as everyone in the CBA says he is?
 
Sure. LaTroy drives me insane, but mostly because I don't understand how he keeps coughing up leads when he is a good pitcher. I really liked what I saw last night as with 2 strikes he was keeping the ball down and away consistently. If he missed, he missed down. I makes it harder to hit a homer that way. LaTroy really looked unhittable last night (as did Michael Wuertz)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?