Tuesday, April 12, 2005

 

I don't even have the words

...I really don't. I tried to come up with a headline that expressed my disgust, but I failed miserably.

Neifi F. Perez, a player indicative of everything that is wrong with the world. Too strong you say? I say no. He is exactly the sort of talentless hack (no talent ass-clown, you might say) that is taking jobs from actual, talented players like (oh, I don't know) Jerry Hairston (you have no idea how hard that was to not use all caps). And now the Tribune is indicating that Perez will get the bulk of the playing time with Walker out. The actualy quote:

Though the Cubs have a capable defensive replacement for Walker in Neifi Perez, who will receive the bulk of the playing time at second, the injury was a blow that could damage the team's offense, at least for the short term.

Capable defensive replacement? Yeah, that is all Neifi is: a late inning defensive replacement. When Walker went down, I looked on the bright side. Hairston is a very capable replacement and his ability to hit leadoff would allow Patterson to hit down in the order a bit. Nothing wrong with that. But now we are going to see a month and a half of Neifi? Hitting second??? Absolutely unreal. It's like a bad dream.

I have always defended Dusty. Even though he kept Cruz in the bullpen in favor of Estes, even though he refused to play Choi, and even though he wouldn't start DuBois. But in those cases (except for Estes) at least he was playing a decent player rather than the player I liked. But Neifi is a festering black hole of athletic ability. He actually makes players worse by sucking them down to his level (I'm working on the proof of this, but you know it's true).

If Neifi was a character in an Ayn Rand novel, he would be James Taggart. And now he is going to run the Cubs into the ground and piss off actual good players like Jerry Hairston.

I am this close (*holds fingers a small distance apart*) to putting the Official Goatriders.org "Fire Dusty" banner on my site and that is very unlike me.

Come on, Dusty. Don't make me feel like this. Do the right thing and start Hairston. You can do it.

Comments:
Nice Ayn Rand blast.
(Oh, and I concur.)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?