Sunday, April 03, 2005

 

Turning Pro

...ish

Up around these part we are going to be seeing some changes. I've been invited to write for one of the better Cub sites in the blogosphere, the Goat Rides of the Apocolypse (hmm, that's hard to spell. I'm never writing that again). I will be one of four authors on that blog as I will be assuming the role of Famine (joining Death, Pestilence, and Bob). I am going to be channeling most of my Cub efforts (yes, even pithy little posts like mine require effort) over to that site, and this site will remain the more diverse site that it is already becoming. Let's be honest, it was getting to the point where this was a Cubs' site in name only. So, I wouldn't expect too dramatic of changes. They will be largely superficial. They are pros over at that site, and I will be drawing on their experience to improve the lookitude of my site. But don't worry, I'm not going to try and upgrade the quality of my writing.

Shuffling

Today was the day of the Shamrock Shuffle, an 8 k race around downtown. When my wife and I signed up for it, we didn't know that it was a big deal. Well, as it turns out, it was. 22,500 people signed up to participate in this little run.

It was pretty freaking awesome to look ahead and see so many people running down the streets of downtown Chicago (oh course, that also means there were thousands of people ahead of me, but let's not dwell on that). We were looking to pace 8 minute miles (which is really fast for us) but instead we managed ~7:40 miles. So we were pretty happy about that, all things considered.

Cubs

The Cubs have finalized their 25 man roster. Out is Dave Kelton (who also passed through waivers) as well as Mitre (optioned to AAA) and still in it is Wellemeyer. Prior was put on the 15 day dl and should be avaiable to pitch on the 12 of April, should he feel up to it.

Of course, the Cubs play tomorrow, which may be of interest to some. Game time, 4:10 pm CT.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?