Tuesday, May 24, 2005

 

Trade Rumors

I love trade rumors. I actually love trades, but the rumors leading up to the trades are quite nifty as well. Unfortunately, I have nothing to add with regards to the potential outfield+pitcher swap that many teams are rumored to be discussing with the team. Let me just say this: If Aubrey Huff is the answer to the question "who did the Cubs acquire?" I will be a happy puppy. If the answer to the question "how did the Cubs trade" is Corey Patterson, I will be making this face :(

My ideal? Assuming the rumor is Outfielder & reliever for outfielder, reliever, and 2 prospects, I would wish for:

Dubois, Wellemeyer, 2 grade B prospects for
Aubrey Huff and any random middle reliever

But that may be just a dream, I don't know. Actually, it probably is just a dream. For more trade talk, take a look at Goatriders where there is a bit more of an extended analysis (not that that would be difficult).

Comments:
I'd trade Corey Patterson for a vendor and a parking attendent to be named later. Have you checked out how many stolen bases this "speedster" has? I guess you just can't turn a pop up on the infield into a stolen base.
 
My sentiments exactly over at goatriders. It doesn't help that most of the season after Patterson got on, the Neifi was right after him swinging at every pitch.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?