Friday, June 03, 2005

 

So...yeah.

Cubs win.

Regarding the game, everything that I have to say has been said over at Goatriders (by me, actually). Over there I do a little Glendon worship, bow towards Derrek Lee a few times, and speculate on the future of the Cubs. I also took a look at whether Zambrano is affected in his starts after a 120+ pitch outing.

Around here, I like to mix things up a bit. So let's take a very short look at the news today.

Dean rallies Liberal Activists

Okay, I really shouldn't make fun of this at all, because I like Dean. I really do, but he has already killed his career with one rally, so maybe he should cut his loses before he yawlps again. In all seriousness, though, I hope the Democrats reach out towards the more extreme left. It worked for the Republicans (you know, except that they reached a bit more to the right). Once they managed to secure their extremist base, they just had to get about half of the people that vote based on whether they like the candidate's wife or eye color or whatever random attribute sways the ill-informed. In my expert opinion, I think a combination of reaching out to the activists and referring to Republicans at "stupid heads" should clinch a Democrat in the White House in 2008.

Exploding Toilet Burned Man

I'm not sure there's anything left to say. These things happen. The man lit up a smoke in a port-a-potty when the damn thing blew up. If I were him, I'd sue Phillip Morris. Cigarettes are just bad for you.

CDC tries to deflate Obesity debate

Get it. "Deflate" obesity debate...not only does it rhyme, but you want to deflate the fat people. I tell you, it's genius (genius!). As far as the article goes, I guess a recent study had indicated that obesity is not a bad for you as people might have thought. You know, sort of like the way eggs were bad for you, but now their not. Except that one is a tasty breakfast treat and the other is a debilitating condition that completely restricts one's ability to live their life. Other than that, though, it's like the egg thing.

Probe to moon, Mars a priority

This certainly makes sense. It is sort of like credit card debt. If you are already $20k in debate, what's another 10 thousand? Our country may be running a tremendous deficit, but it is certainly important to put a man on the moon (for real this time. No more fake moon landings in a sound stage). And if you click on the picture, we see a shot of Tom DeLay climbing through a mock space station. Congressional ethics hearing? Hey look, a space station! War in Iraq? Let's go to Mars! Stem Cells? We love science!

Alright, that's all the news that's fit to report. Soon enough I will check back with a report on the quasi-slaughter that was softball.

Comments:
Just wanted to let you know we're reading these posts. I can only imagine how deflating it could be to spend a little time and effort on writing something and then not have any response to it whatsoever.
Thank goodness that's a rare occurrence in the blogosphere.
 
I think the addition of 20 more cubs' blogs should help. nothing like a little market saturation. not that I can talk, I've been around exactly 4 months.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?