Friday, July 29, 2005

 

Cubs Win!

...oh, now that's an original title.

So the Cubs were down 3-2 at the start of the 9th when I decided to go for a run. I know, I know...it seems lame to go running before the end of the game. But my route takes me right past Wrigley, so if I wait until after the game ends I have to deal with insane crowds, traffic, and many drunk people heckling me for running when I should be drinking.

I come back and what do I see? A big "W" flying over Wrigley. Man that's a great sight. This after spending the entire run talking with the Wife about "next year" and debating if there was any chance Baker might be back and ranting about all the stupid things he had done...and then a win. Sort of takes the wind out of my sails.

But I'll take a win over a smug "holier than Dusty" attitude any day.

especially friday.

So, I believe that Tom over at A Season with the Cubs has now correctly called the last 10 games. I think he has predicted a win for tomorrow, so I guess you can book it. Nice work, Tom (unless I'm wrong about your predictions and then nevermind).

Alright then. Until tomorrow, Go Cubs!

Comments:
Thanks for the props.
Yes, I did well for a while there, and then the Cubs remembered that they are physiologically bound to swing at first pitches and Dusty remembered that it's absolutely manditory to have your lowest OBP guy in the leadoff spot and then the Cubs went off and lost 3 out of 4 to the ARIZONA DIAMONDBACKS.
So my predictions are all outta whack and I'm fairly despondant.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?