Tuesday, August 09, 2005

 

It's a beautiful day, let's blog two. Why not! It's...




Hey! Who wants to get caught up with these stupid Fermiball things! (*raises hand*)

Me too, so I'm condensing two entries into one. This entry has the results for both the final game with the evil, evil Boomers (evil, I tell you) and the hapless EuroTrash (no offense guys, you can win at soccer) and it will be called "Jason learns to hit."

Why? Because, "Jason learned to hit!"

The battle between me and the bat had begun to reach epic proportions. I would clearly swing for the fences, but the bat would betray me and roll the ball out to the third baseman. It was a clear case of mutiny and the bat has since been put to death.

Ha ha! Just kidding! Ha ha, the bat was never alive!

But if it was...oooo...I would just...oooo...so angry...

Aaaaanyway, long story short, I finally managed some hits. And not only that, they were line drives into the outfield. Wait, that's not right. They were

LINE DRIVES TO THE OUTFIELD


So, with that, let's get to the games.

No, check that, I don't care about the games. Let's talk more about me. I'm special. And very handsome (although that is neither here nor there). In short, I'm better than everyone else and deserve my own stage. Maybe I'll start a blog...

As I was saying, I finally managed to hit like a pro. The reason I was struggling? Well, to put it in layman's terms: I was swinging like I little girl. It's not that I don't know how to swing the bat, it's just that I started trying to hit it to the opposite field (my natural stroke). This is a pretty good strategy in softball as the right fielder is usually pretty weak, but it only works if you execute. And then, after I lost the ability to hit to the opposite field, I just started trying to get any kind of hit. But the damage was done.

What was the damage?

I had stopped striding. No stride. So my swing was pretty much all arms and, um, my arms aren't *exactly* huge. Basically, they're big enough to ground out the third, but not big enough to hit line drives.

What is big enough to hit line drives? That would be my whole body. Once I discovered the problem, I began to stride into the ball and finally made some solid contact with a little juice (not that kind) behind it. The result? In the first game I managed a single to right, a double to left center, and a single to right...all line drives. I grounded out in my final AB, but I was very happy with my adjustments.

The team managed a pretty easy win over the evil, evil Boomers. We were hitting on all cylinders, and fielding like pros. We kept every hit in front of us and made few errors. It was the perfect game, and it gave us the victory. I got to play rover for the first half (and made a catch) and DH the second half. The Boomers are a very, very good team. We had to play perfectly to beat them.

When did we not play perfectly? What would be against EuroTrash. EuroTrash played the game against us that we played against the Boomers. They caught everything that came to them and hit lots of line drives that fell in the perfect spots. And, in the bottom of the 6th, we found ourselves tied. There was actually a pretty good chance that we would lose this game.

And that would be bad. Losing the first game of the playoffs against EuroTrash would be, well, very "Cubs" of us. But, unlike the Cubs, we rallied. In the bottom of the 6th we racked up 8 runs to make the win look much easier than it actually was.

But hey, what about me? I'm glad I asked. I went 4-4 with 3 singles and a double. These weren't line drives (except the double), but they were well hit, well placed grounders. One was up the middle, and one was in the hole between third and short. That gives me a 2 week line of 7-8, with 2 doubles and some runs and RBIs. Now that's how you boost your stat line.

Okay, so this entry wasn't funny or anything. It is, however, done now. And I am, thankfully, finally caught up. Tomorrow we play the evil, evil Boomers again and I will have a more thorough write up of the Boomers as a team.

It will be better, I promise. It might even be good.

But I can't promise good. Just better.

My current line: 13-30, 1 triple, 2 doubles, 3 walks, ~10 RBIs, 10 Runs



Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?