Saturday, October 22, 2005

 

Rooting for the Sox?

Not for me. And lots of people don't understand. They figure that the Sox are in Chicago and so I should root for the good ol' Chicago team. Whatever.

Mike H. had a good explaination for why this doesn't make sense. If the Cubs move to Peoria, I'm not going to suddenly start rooting for the Sox just because they are in Chicago. I'm not a Chicago sports fan, I'm a Cubs fan. I root for laundry.

Anyway, as I watch the Star Spangled Banner at "the other" ballpark, it makes me sad. It makes me sad that the Cubs couldn't get there first. It makes me sad that I still have to wait for success.

All in all, there is a lot of bitterness over here at the Corner of Grace and Wayne (if you think I'm bitter, The Wife just called her dad to say "Yeah, I'm just watching the stupid Sox at stupid whatever stupid field. Stupid stupid stupid. Whatever, it's so stupid.")

Lots of bitterness. I need an Oldstyle.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?